Monday, April 13, 2009

Final Paper Progress Report

For my final paper of the year I have chosen to read and write about none other than the novel All the King’s Men by Robert Penn Warren. I have read the entire novel and am currently in the process of considering outside sources. I have also brainstormed some ideas regarding the concepts of my paper.

I find this novel interesting because it is neither solely a historical nor a fictional piece of literature. On the most rudimentary level it is such because it is both partially historically accurate and partially the creation of Warren’s imagination. However, on a much deeper level, the novel serves to give its readers a real sense of the setting (time period, location, situation, etc.) of Huey Long’s life (along with some historical details as well), which extends their understanding much farther than the bare facts. (145)

No comments: